Personal health insurance products reduce your risk of being burdened by additional expenses for preventive care or medical bills as a result of an illness or accident. Alberta health coverage provides basic coverage for many health expenses however, there are gaps that can have a significant impact on your finances.
Such expenses include:
- Prescription drugs to treat a chronic or serious health condition
- Emergency medical services provided in another province or country
- Specialty practitioners like massage or physiotherapy, promoting your overall health or recovery after injury or medical surgery
- Medical equipment to assist with your mobility
- Travel and medical expenses
When Should I Get Health & Dental Insurance?
- You are self-employed, retired, or under-insured by your current employer
- Yourself or your spouse does not have health benefits through your employer
- You want to protect yourself for such unexpected events like medical or dental surgery
- You’d like additional benefits not offered by your employer’s plan or additional health coverage.
Let Cornerstone Financial design an individual plan for yourself or your family that covers you and your family for many of the services not covered by your Alberta health care plan. Our coverage is similar to that of a group benefits plan. Cornerstone Financial can offer you a choice of plans to suit your needs and your coverage will be guaranteed.